Monday, December 29, 2014

Dec 29 Week 73 - Finding Justin again, LIu's, Polynesian Dinner on Christmas Eve with soccer and mafia at church, Christmas Skype call, Hu Family, Bears here aren't ike Panda Bears, Mini Golf


So this week we had a hard time getting lessons.  On Monday we were walking in a neighborhood and found this cool guy named Justin that we had met before, but I had written his number down wrong.  So glad we could find him again, because I was beating myself up for loosing him.  He said we can come back after New Years!

Tuesday we went to Corona to have the Christmas get together and get our presents.  It was fun!  We had a nice little lunch and watched a slideshow and listened to some musical numbers.  Thanks to everyone!!!  Thank you cards are on the way!  :)  After the party, the Sean Li (the guy from the family that was at the Christmas party) called.  He asked to take a tour of an old folks home.  Luckily our Stake President owns a bunch of them.  So I called and got us a quick tour with them.  I guess that is what his business is in China.  Afterward he also asked me to translate for them when they fight with the hospital over their medical bills, and their "guest" that is having her baby her asked us to come everyday to teach English.   At night we saw Xiong, and also met with some former investigators, a really old couple named the Liu's.  They were nice and said we can come back.  

Wednesday was interesting.  We got stood up by Tracy and Morgan... again.  We did weekly planning!  I wrote a bunch of thank you cards for almost all the members in the ward.  Then we went and delivered them with the candy and toys you sent.  I think they liked it.  I love the members here a lot.  We also met with Brother Zhu and showed him the restoration video. He said he doesn't know how long it will take for him to believe this stuff.  I hope not long. At night we ate at a Polynesian family's house.  It was good food, and a lot of it. Then we played mafia and soccer at the chapel with all the missionaries.  Afterward president said it was ok if Elder Henderson and Elder Schleter came to sleep at our house.  So they did.  We watched Ephraim's Rescue.  (that movie was approved to watch when on holiday's when we all get together, no one wanted to watch it at the chapel, so they wanted to watch it at home.)

Thursday!  We woke up and met with the other missionaries to open presents and have breakfast.  Thank you!  I am sorry you thought I was disappointed!  I love getting all the pictures of everyone with the chalk sign and hat!  The water bottle is awesome, and I like the running clothes.  BTW the laces on one running shoes snapped... After we Skyped!  It was fun, I felt a little awkward though.  Sorry it was so short. I love you guys!  After that we had linner at a member's house and then just chilled until dinner and volley ball at the chapel afterwards.  

Friday we went out in the morning to talk to people.  No one interested.  After studies we biked a lot.  We went to see the Hu family. The 7 kid family!  They were really nice and we had everyone get together for a family prayer.  It was pretty cool!  I hope they continue to do it like we invited them.  At night the Birch family (the neighbors of the Li family)  invited us to dinner with them and the Lis, but wouldn't let us teach them there as not to "send the wrong message."  Then we had English class.  We had a cool new family show up.  I hope they come again on Wed!  I think they have some potential!

Saturday we biked a lot again.  We saw yuyi, Selina, and Xiong.  We set up with Brother Deng and his wife too.  They then changed the appointment to be at their friends house.  Their friend is brother and sister yan.  They are a really old nice couple. They came to church yesterday, and we picked them up as investigators.  
Sunday we had Chinese sacrament, so I didn't have to translated. 

 They aren't sure if they are going to do it next year still.  Which I am against because I think the investigators really like it, and I have to translate every week.  After church we had correlation with Brother Miao.  It was good.  He is a good guy.  At night we went to see Evelyn and Liu Yue with their home teacher.  It wasn't so good.  They were having a bad day.  Their home teacher taught about reincarnation and I saw some cigarette butts in their garage.  I don't know what to do... I really want to help them be happy and stay active... they asked for help today translating at the hospital.  I told them today we couldn't but tomorrow we could.  They didn't seem too happy about that.  Ugg.  Today was nice.  I got my haircut, and then we played mini-golf.  Fun times!
-Elder Murray

So Morgan texted me and told me that they couldn't meet yesterday because they were going to Big Bear Lake.  So I texted "Sounds dangerous, be careful.  The bears here aren't like pandas they eat people...:  They thought that was funny.  ILY
HAVE A GREAT WEEK! 

No comments:

Post a Comment