Monday, February 16, 2015

Feb 9 Week 79 - Kept room for English Class, 4 People on date (Sister Yan, Sister Wei, Lina, Lawrence), Used every headset for Chinese on Sunday, Atonement allows us to become clean when we repent and makes right all that is unfair about this life

Ok crazy thing this week. So we have this awesome set up for English class. We clean up a street in Eastvale and in return they give us a free room at the neighborhood center. This has been going on for 2 years at least. Well recently this one receptionist got on us because we weren't in the computer schedule. She had us call her manager. The manager never returned our multiple calls. So we went in and they said we just had to refill the application. Well when we returned the application, they said we couldn't use the facilities again until it was processed, which would take multiple weeks. We have English class every week. The people there were very rude to us actually. So I asked them for all of their names, and their supervisor's name. Then I called a city council member that is in another ward. He said don't worry. Within the hour we got two calls apologizing for what happened. One was from the supervisor and one from the head of parks and rec. We caused a bit of a stir. They said we can still use the room, no problem. I was so happy. Everything is really good. We have 4 people on date. One is Sister Yan. She is really solid. The other is is Sister Wei. She is really cool! Then we have a nice girl named Lina. I think I wrote about her last week. We saw her aunt at the New Years party, and she referred us to her daughter! The other is Lawrence. He is a cool new investigator we have! Church this week was crazy. The chapel was just full of Chinese people! We used every last headset. I had to translate since the member that they called to translate said he couldn't do it. I feel like he is still better than me; he just got overwhelmed. Translating is hard. Lots of times I just say the main idea in my own words, rather than trying to say everything perfectly word for word. Ok well this week isn't very well documented, but it was good. We worked hard. I really believe in the power of the Atonement. I am so grateful that we can repent and become clean again through the atonement. I know we can have the power to forgive others if we pray and ask. I have felt this multiple times on my mission. I love you guys so much. I hope you have a great week with Kevin and David. The best quote in PMG is all that is unfair about this life will be made right through the atonement! I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that this gospel is true. I feel so good as I do what is right, as I learn the gospel, and apply it in my life. It sounds crazy to Chinese people, but all we can do is just invite them to do it and feel it for themselves. ILY -Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment