Monday, June 16, 2014

May 26 - Week 42 Zone leader plan, Eden, Christy, OYM in Chinese Market, Brother Miao

This week was pretty stressful.  We are covering all of the Chinese work in the mission except for the Eastvale 1st ward that Elder Heaton and Elder Schoonmaker cover on bike.  So we have to try to fit in all the work that Elder Heaton and I were doing in Riverside before, plus the rest of the stuff Elder Yeung was doing here.  Add to that trying to figure out Zone stuff.  (Elder Yeung has never been a ZL either, so we are both new to it.)  It is a lot.  

Alright so Eastvale... it is nice to have a change of scenery.  It reminds me a lot of where Amy and Jay live.  A lot of really rich people living in houses that all look the same and are really close together, intermixed with lots of nice parks and landscaping.  The only difference is it is full of Chinese people!  They say that 25% is Chinese.  I don't know if I believe that, but there are a lot.   It is so cool to meet all the Chinese members here.  I had my testimony strengthened this week.  This gospel really does change people's lives and blesses them.  I am so grateful for the chance I have to share it.  One thing about Eastvale is that it is really new... less than 10 years, and it was built on what used to be old dairy farms.  So if you inhale deeply you can smell the cow crap... I can't spell manure.  

So on Tuesday this week we went to Oym at this Chinese market.  It was really cool.  I bought a huge bag of rice that should last for a good while.  We talked to a lot of people.  I talked to a member who goes to a branch in Irvine.  Tuesday we also met with the ward mission leader here named Brother Miao.  He is super cool.  

Wednesday I went on exchanges with the APs.  It was fun.  We met with a few investigators it was fun to watch them teach. They also spent some time and trained me on how to be a ZL.  I feel a little more confident now.  We made a good Zone plan, I'm excited about it.  

Thursday we met with Eating... (I don't know if I have talked about her before)  We helped her carry some groceries one time, and she came to English class.  She became good friends with Hiro.  (Hiro is home in Japan now real bummer)  Anyway Eating who recently at the suggestion of a member changed her name to Eden wants to be baptized.  She came to church last week and really felt good, and this week when we met with her she said she felt really good and wanted to cry, when we told her that Heavenly Father loves her and will lead her in her life as she tries to make decisions.  Pretty awesome!

Friday we met with Christy.  I am sure I have written about her before.  We have met with her a long time.  Well on Friday she out of the blue said she should like to be baptized too!  She told us she feels peace at church and when she meet with us.  Her only concern was her parents and her friends.  She called us in tears on Saturday because her friends were giving her a hard time.  We told her to keep praying.  On Sunday she was a lot better.  She still is a little unsure though.  

Saturday we had lunch at a member's house.  They made us some really good noodles.  We also met with a guy that Elder Snyder helped baptize, but has gone inactive Brother Deng.  He hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon at all.  We read chapter 30 about Corihor and how he didn't believe in God, but couldn't deny his existence so he led people away from the church.  Brother Deng then said.  I agree with Corihor... it was a bummer, because his wife is investigating right now.  We committed him to read and pray everyday.  I know if he really does it, it will help him.

Sunday we went to both the Eastvale and University heights ward.  It was a fun time.  On the way there I did a Chinese fire drill with a Chinese person.  Elder Yeung had to translate a talk, so he asked if I could drive.  I said heck yes!  It was fun to drive again I haven't done it in a while.  I love you guys! 

-Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment