Saturday, July 11, 2015

July 6 Week 100 - Bike in Box, End of Mission Finish Strong, Sister Huang, Ryan and Selina, Who have you Become? (not report card), 4th of July Going Away Potluck Party and Miao's Friends from Provo, LI Rui at Church

Well this week has been just another week. I don't even feel like I am going home yet. It doesn't feel real. Sort of just like how I felt before coming to the MTC. It is such a big change that I can't even imagine what it will be like. So I am just enjoying the time here, while I can, and trying not to think too much about going home. My bike is in a box, and I am going to send it using bike flights in just a bit.  So coming to the end of my mission has brought some stressful stuff too. Everyone has made a huge deal about finishing strong. So I am really trying not to slack on anything, because lots of missionaries going home here, get sort of lazy. I do pretty good but it is a balance.  Ok this week was we had a lesson with Sister Huang. She will get baptized as soon as her husband gets back. So we are fasting that they pass their interview this next week for their visas to come here. At night we saw Ryan and Selina where we talked very long.  We also went to the DMV with Tony out of the mission. He passed his test! We are having great numbers for English class right now! The Liangs are coming and they really enjoy it. They are such a solid family. I am glad they moved into our ward. Thursday we had Mission Leadership Council with President Mullen. It was a good meeting. I really was touched by a quote from a talk. It said that final judgement will not be like a report card, where you add up all the good, and all the bad, and if the good is more you go to celestial kingdom, and if the bad is more then you don't. He said it is not what you have done, but what you have become. I thought it was really meant for me here. As I have been closing my mission, I have been thinking about if the Lord is pleased with how I did. I was counting all the good, and bad I had done. The quote made me realize that isn't what I should be looking at. I should be looking at who I am now. I think I have become better than I was. If anything, I at least feel like I am on the path to become who Christ needs me to be. I am grateful President Mullen shared that. 4th of July we had a potluck/going away party with the Chinese members. It was really delicious and fun. I love all the people here. The Miao introduced me to their friends that live in Provo, and attend the Chinese ward. They invited me to come visit and join their activities, so I will do that. Li Rui came to church yesterday for the first time in a long while. Glad she was back.  I hope that we can get her to come back to activity, she was so solid. Ok that is all. I love you guys a ton can't wait to see you! -Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment