Monday, May 18, 2015

May 4 Week 91- Bro Xiong Stake Conference Talk was highlight of mission; Never Happier; Daisy the recent convert, Lucy lives Word of Wisdom, DJ commits to baptism, Diana tries to get work off

Well I might have to make this a little short as my companions computer is not working so that is a problem. So we will be face timing at 5:00 or 6:00 Cali time. I am super excited!!!! I can't wait to talk to you all! Ok so to the week. We meet with a recent convert named Daisy on Monday. She is really funny, and very nice. I love working with recent converts! Tuesday we had to go to a weekly planning meeting. That was interesting. Oh by the way President was very strict on just 40 minutes for calls. It's ok though. I will see you guys pretty soon after!!! After the meeting we went out to see a referral that wasn't interested with the gospel as much as she was learning about family history. So we referred her to the family history people. Wednesday I went on exchanges with the AP's which was fun. I helped put a family on date for baptism. Our AP's right now are both really cool. Thursday we had to train our Zone on how to do weekly planning. It went well. I enjoyed it. Friday we had an interesting lesson with our investigator named Wendy. She is really nice, but she isn't that committed. She has missed church 3 times now, so we will have to drop her pretty soon. At night we had a good lesson with Lucy. Her husband can't come out to baptize her until September. So that is a bummer. However, she is super solid. She is living the word of wisdom. The first day she had a lot of headaches, but after the first day she was ok. Saturday we had a pretty slow day. We saw a less active family that is really nice, but not that interested in coming to church. At night we had stake conference! It was fun to translate it again!!! I really enjoy learning and speaking Chinese. I can't wait to continue to use it at home. Sunday was a highlight of my mission. Brother Xiong spoke in stake conference. HE DID FANTASTIC. He bore a really powerful testimony and all the speakers after commented on it. He talked about how he started to wonder if God was there after his father passed away. He talked about how grateful he was to know the plan of salvation and that he has a Father in Heaven to help him. He also talked about how he had faith that one day Sister Xiong will get baptized and go to the temple with him. It was really really good. He is so amazing. I am so glad I got a chance to meet him. It made coming to Riverside worth it! This whole experience has been really hard and a big challenge, but the moments when I feel the spirit, when I feel close to Christ, and when I can see him helping people through me have helped me get through. I have never been happier in my whole life.
Translating at Stake Conference from Dyer Blog


 After church we had a lesson with a former investigator named D.J. Apparently he is sincere, but he likes to debate. He asked a question "How do I know the feelings I have are from God, and not just me creating them." We were able to answer this question by telling him that we have to choose to have faith rather than doubt. Then he said. "So I should just get baptized." :) We put him on date right after that. He seems pretty cool. On Diana is doing good. She is talking to her boss to get work off, and then she should be baptized on Jun 27th. Things are going good out here. It is even cooling off a little bit. Talk to yall on Sunday!!! -Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment