Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 23 - Week 20 - Wrong Number Miracle, Does Australia still exist?

Hey everyone,  

Here's my week. 

Tuesday: We couldn't make an appointment so we just went and walked around and found a couple Chinese people, but not any of them were interested.  That night we taught these two people named Jenny and Peter.  We taught them the Plan of Salvation. They thought it was interesting.  I invited them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon to know if the Plan of Salvation was real.  They tried to blow me off and say that they were good because God only exists if you believe in him.  I didn't really know how to respond.  After a few seconds of awkward silence I got some revelation on what to say.  So I said, "Well, I have never been to Australia, but if I chose to believe it doesn't exist.. does it disappear?"  They didn't really have a response.  They agreed to meet again so we are seeing them today.
Wednesday: Schoonmaker was sick and so was Elder Haslam.  So I went on exchanges with Elder Glausi.  We visited a really inactive drug addict guy from Taiwan, who joined the church when he was 9.  The lesson ended in him arguing in Chinese with his mom.  His mom isn't a member yet. She really wants to help him but he just does drugs all the time.  We committed her to pray.  She said she was really glad we came and could come over as often as we like.  So there is some potential there.  We also got our investigators Moses and Simon on date for the 29th that night.
Thursday:  Multizones took up our whole day.  It was really good.  I got to see Sister Pope.  (Dexter's friend and Orchestra stand partner from WXHS that went to same mission about month earlier than Dex)  She is training a greenie and has only been out 3 months.... stress.
Friday:  I went on exchanges with my district leader Elder Fig.  He is such a good missionary.  I had a great time and really learned a lot of good advice. 
Sat.  Weekly planning took forever.  We couldn't get an appointment so we just started walking and we ran into one of our English class students so that was really good.
Sunday:  Church was good.  I was trying to find someone to meet with and I called a wrong number. Turned out to be a Chinese family.  I asked if they wanted to meet and learn more about Christ.  They said sure.  So we met with them yesterday.  Turns out they are investigating a mandarin baptist church right now, but they have a lot of questions.  I felt like we didn't do a very good job teaching them.  They agreed to meet next Sunday.  So we will see.  I hope they come.
Notable Quotable.
Peter "So what do you call someone who likes to go to parties and have a lot of fun?"  Schoonmaker "A party animal." Peter "Are you a party animal?"  Schoonmaker "Yes"  Peter "What do you call someone who doesn't like to party?"  Schoonmaker "a party pooper."  Peter "Murray are you a party pooper"  Me "Yes yes I am..."

No comments:

Post a Comment